Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Lovely Sis :)

Dedicated to my sis on Rakshabandhan.

You were there
When I took my baby steps;
Cuddling me and following
Wherever I went.

With clay we would play
Jump in the puddle
Water we would splash
Leaving Mom and Dad puzzled.

A knock at the door
And I would look for you
To hide behind;
O thank you for being there
And helping me unwind.

When I fell from the bicycle
And hurt my little bone;
You gave up the ice cream you were relishing
And handed me the sweet cone.

You would cover up my inequities
But take me aside
And teach me the right path;
O how much I need to thank the big BOSS
For making you my life’s integral part.

This rakhee you aint here
But that makes your presence
Even more real;
For in spirit we are now bonded
And that’s something
The world can’t steal.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice boyz...esp the last few lines....liked the previous dandyverse as well....

SiD said...

wah ustaad wah!!!

Rohit said...

hey Deon! What a wonderful poem to celebrate Raksha bandhan! Great going! Rock on!!

Rahul said...

Very lovely, innocent and cute lines. I too have an elder sister and I know how it feels and what it means :)

Happy Rakhi to you too.
Have nice time,